Provincial Offences Act court services available online


In-person court services were suspended due to COVID-19, but the City is here to support you with online services.

Even though in-person Provincial Offences Act court services are suspended until further notice, it is important to settle your affairs so you can avoid accruing any late fees or any difficulties in renewing your driver’s licence or licence-plate sticker.

In fact, a Chief Justice Order was issued on November 25 stating that if you were issued an Offence Notice (ticket) or Park Infraction Notice (parking ticket) after March 1, 2020, you have until February 26, 2021 to exercise one of the options set out on the back of the Notice. If you don’t respond by the February 26 deadline, you may be deemed not to dispute the charge and a justice may enter a conviction for the offence.

You can pay fines online, request a trial date, contest a parking ticket or plead guilty and make submissions as to penalty. You can follow the mail-in options on your Certificate of Offence notice. However, you can quickly avoid any delays by doing it on your computer or hand-held devices, right at home.

Payment of fines

You can pay provincial offence fines – including, but not limited to, parking tickets, speeding fines, automated speed enforcement fines and red-light camera infractions – online at You can use your credit card on this easy-to-use and secured website, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Are you hoping to request a trial date for your certificate of offence or parking ticket?

You can conveniently request a trial date by completing and submitting an online form, Notice of Intention to Appear, on A mail-in option is also available to you by following the instructions on your certificate of offence. Trials will be scheduled for a later date.

Do you wish to plead guilty and make submissions as to penalty for your certificate of offence?

You can do so by requesting a remote appointment to meet with a Justice of the Peace. Please complete the online request, Plea of guilty with submissions as to penalty, on

Would you like to speak to a Prosecutor to request disclosure and discuss your charge?

You can also request an early resolution remote appointment with a prosecutor by completing a Notice of Intention to Appear on .

If you are unsure of your options, require an accommodation either for a disability of if you do not have access to technology, the City is more than happy to answer your court-related questions over the phone by calling 613-580-2400 (TTY 613-580-2401) and press option 3.