Housing market moderates in April compared to MarchOttawa, ON, May 17, 2021 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales were down from March to April 2021.
- National home sales declined by 12.5% on a month-over-month basis in April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 256% year-over-year.
- The number of newly listed properties fell back by 5.4% from March to April.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 2.4% month-over-month and was up 23.1% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 41.9% year-over-year gain in April.