Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also get daily City updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram:
Covid-19 and Vaccine Updates:
- To date, nearly 530,000 doses of vaccines have been administered in Ottawa and more than 50 per cent of Ottawa residents 18 years and older have received at least one dose.
- Additional vaccination appointments opening on Sunday and age limit lowered to 12 and over.
- The government of Ontario released its Three-Step Roadmap to safely reopen the province.
- The Province of Ontario has now permitted the City to open its splash pads by Saturday, May 22
- Some City outdoor amenities can open.
- As the city receives more vaccines from the Province and the provincial booking system is updated, more appointments will become available. Visit the City’s Vaccine distribution page for more information.
- Use the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Screening Tool to see if you can currently receive the COVID-19 vaccine, and visit the Frequently asked questions page for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- “When vaccination rates rise in populations at higher risk for COVID-19, it helps protect the whole community. We will continue our work to ensure that everyone who wants a vaccine can get one.” Read Dr. Vera Etches’ latest statement.
- Looking for answers to your COVID-19 vaccine questions? Look no further! Check out our COVID-19 Vaccines FAQ page.
- As with most vaccinations, COVID-19 vaccines have expected side effects that are temporary and often mild. Pain at the injection site, fatigue malaise, mild fever and joint pain are some of the normal side effects following COVID-19 vaccines.
- Business owners: mark your calendars! Join on May 27 for the business reopening workshop: Reopening After the Provincial stay-at-home orders - What You Need to Know! hosted by the Ottawa Board of Trade in partnership with OPH, the Ottawa Coalition of Business Improvement Areas, le Regroupement des gens d'affaires de la capitale nationale, and the City of Ottawa. Register now.
- Check out OPH’s multilingual resources to get answers to your COVID-19 vaccine questions in Arabic, Somali, and Simplified Chinese.
In case you missed it
- Make the most of the long weekend while being COVID Wise.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1(TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.