Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also get daily City updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Covid-19 and Vaccine Updates:
- The City of Ottawa’s vaccine roll-out reached a significant milestone on Tuesday. We’ve topped the one million mark for the total number of doses administered. Today, we also announced that 80 per cent of residents 18 years of age and older have received their first dose.
- All residents who are 12-17 years and older and have received their first COVID-19 vaccine dose will be eligible to book an accelerated second dose appointment starting Monday, July 5, at 8:00 a.m.
- More pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics for priority neighbourhoods for first and second doses have now been scheduled.
- The Province of Ontario is currently in Step Two of its Three-Step Roadmap to safely reopen the province.
- Visit the City’s Vaccine distribution page for more information on vaccines.
- Visit the Frequently asked questions page for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- “All adults 18 and older are eligible to get a second dose sooner. If you already have your second appointment a few months from now, public health strongly recommends that you register for an earlier appointment as soon as possible. Make this your summer of two doses.” Read the latest statement from Dr. Vera Etches.
- Reminder: Protecting yourself and others from COVID-19 and variants is a two-step process. Everyone must receive two doses of any COVID vaccine to reach #CommunityImmunity, keep our businesses open and have a COVID safe summer!
- If you booked a COVID-19 vaccine 2nd dose appointment that you no longer need, please ensure you actively cancel to free up some spots using this link.
- Do you, or a youth you care about, need support to feel better? Our partners, the KidsComeFirst Health Team have created a super-useful info sheet to help camps and their counsellors recognize and support youth with mental health concerns. Click for more information.
In case you missed it
Construction season in Ottawa kicks off - In a time of pandemic restrictions, construction has remained a bright spot - reminding us that life will return to normal and, when it does, our roads, bridges, and buildings will be ready.
Update on City outdoor rentals for events, meetings and organized sports as we move to step two of Ontario's re-opening plan.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1(TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.